A Thinking Woman

In honor of every woman who has located the "on" switch for her brain.

Monday, May 29, 2006

Just for Jen :) or Why I am a Postmillennialist.

This is going to be a series. For me to list all my reasons and all the Scripture that I believe support my reasons, in one post, would be way too long of a post. And those who read it without an intense interest in the subject, would probably be bored to tears.

Here is just some of what you all have to look forward to :)

1) God promises Christ that the nations shall be His as an inheritance (Psalm 2).
2) God promises to make Abraham's seed as numerous as the dust of the earth (Genesis 15).
3) Satan is bound and Christ is spoiling the house of the strong man (the Gospels).
4) Psalm 22:27 says that all the ends of the world shall remember and turn to the Lord and all the families of the nations shall worship before God.
5) Psalm 110- God tells Christ to sit at His right hand until He (God) makes all His (Christ's) enemies His (Christ's) footstool.
6) Isaiah 2:1-2 say that in the last days the mountian of the Lord shall be established as chief among the mountains, and all the nations shall stream to it.
7) Romans 11 says that after Israel sees the Gentiles converting, they become jealous and return to the Lord in great numbers, which sparks an even greater revival among the Gentiles once more, and in the end all of Israel (believing Gents + Jews) will be saved. Furthermore the Greek word for "fullness" is used of both the Gentiles and Jews in this passage. The word means a huge number.
8) We are told in the Gospels that the gates of Hell will not prevail against the church. Gates are a definsive mechanism, not offensive. As the church marches on toward towards those gates, we are told that WE will prevail.

There are many more Scriptural texts that I believe support a postmillennial position. I will try to scatter them throughout my posts on this subject.

To maintain interest, I will try to keep my posts on this subject "short and sweet", however, I make no promises ;) as I can tend to use a lot of words to get my point across.

I had been meaning to get my thoughts on this subject organized, so thank you Jen, for the extra motivation to get it done. I hope you have a blessed week raising your kiddos in godliness. You are a good example for me :)

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks, friend! Lots of Scriptural support for your position. Now I'm looking forward to reading the definition, as I am still a bit fuzzy on post-mil defined.

10:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

A Thinking Woman

In honor of every woman who has located the "on" switch for her brain.

Name:
Location: At My House In, Southern California, United States

I am forever grateful to be Josh's wife:) I am the 25yr. old mother of four kids under 4 yrs old. Next to my Sovereign God and my sweet and adorably Godly hubby, Gabriel Luther (3 3/4yrs.), Aaron Van Til (2 1/2yrs.) , "Emmie" Rebekah Emerald (15 mos), and Owen Isaac (6 weeks old) are the greatest blessings God has given me. And yes, I am still praying for more:) I am Reformed, baptistic, presuppositional, postmillennial, idealistic, quiver-full, a cessationist, a tradutionist, and I'm sure I could go on for a while, but I don't think I would amuse anyone but myself, so I'll spare you all.

Powered by Blogger