A Thinking Woman

In honor of every woman who has located the "on" switch for her brain.

Monday, June 05, 2006

Psalm 2 and Genesis 15-21

All right everyone here we go.

Concerning Psalm 2, I am rethinking this as a proof text for postmillennialism, so I may write about it later, but not at this time.

Genesis 15-21. Sarai is barren, and way past her child-bearing years. Abram is old as well. But God promised Abram that he would have a son. Keep in mind through this study of postmillennialism, that what may seem impossible to man is possible with God. For with God, who cannot lie, all things are possible.

So, God promised Abram that he would have a son, and lo and behold, his wife gave birth to a son at 90 yrs. of age. God promised Abram that his son would be the beginning of descendants more numerous that the stars of the sky. God did not deny Abram a promised son, will he now deny him his promised multitude of descendants?

Gen 15:1-..."I am a shield to you; Your reward shall be very great..."
15:5-And He took him outside and said," Now look towards the heavens and count the stars, if you are able to count them,"And He said to him," So shall your descendants be."
17:1b-2- "I am God Almighty;Walk before me and be blameless. I will establish my covenant between Me and you, and I will multiply you exeedingly."
17:4-6-"As for Me, behold, my covenant is with you, and you will be the father of a multitude of nations...For I will make you the father of a multitude of nations. I will make you exceedingly fruitful, and I will make nations of you, and kings will come forth from you.
18:18-...since Abraham will surely become a great and mighty nation, and in him all the nations of the earth will be blessed.*

Now fast forward to the New Testament Era, the church is Israel. These promises God made to Abraham, are to be fulfilled in the bride of Christ. Many times in the New Testament we are told those of faith are the seed/descendants of Abraham. I know many of my intended readers agree with this, so I'll only look up and post the references for this if someone asks me to. This may be one of the most important factors to remember as we study postmillennialism. There are three things to remember actually, first, is that the church (spiritual Israel) is the intended recipient of many of Israel's promises, and second, with God all things are possible, and third, God's thoughts and way are much higher than our own.



TO BE CONTINUED...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

A Thinking Woman

In honor of every woman who has located the "on" switch for her brain.

Name:
Location: At My House In, Southern California, United States

I am forever grateful to be Josh's wife:) I am the 25yr. old mother of four kids under 4 yrs old. Next to my Sovereign God and my sweet and adorably Godly hubby, Gabriel Luther (3 3/4yrs.), Aaron Van Til (2 1/2yrs.) , "Emmie" Rebekah Emerald (15 mos), and Owen Isaac (6 weeks old) are the greatest blessings God has given me. And yes, I am still praying for more:) I am Reformed, baptistic, presuppositional, postmillennial, idealistic, quiver-full, a cessationist, a tradutionist, and I'm sure I could go on for a while, but I don't think I would amuse anyone but myself, so I'll spare you all.

Powered by Blogger