A Thinking Woman

In honor of every woman who has located the "on" switch for her brain.

Thursday, June 22, 2006

Mathison on Amillennialism

"Another matter that amillennialists have not adequately considered is the course of Satan's kingdom prior to the Cross. Was it growing, declining, or holding steady? If, as amillennialism asserts, it is growing during the present age, then what effect did the life, death, resurrection, and ascention of Christ have on Satan's kingdom? If it was growing before the Cross and it is still growing after the Cross, then the life and death of Christ had virtually no effect on the growth of Satan's kingdom. If it was declining or holding steady until the first coming of Christ and then began growing, then Christ's life, death, resurrection, and ascention jump-started the kingdom of Satan. Amillennialism would force us to believe that the work of Christ had either no effect or a positive effect on the growth of Satan's kingdom." -Keith Mathison

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

A Thinking Woman

In honor of every woman who has located the "on" switch for her brain.

Name:
Location: At My House In, Southern California, United States

I am forever grateful to be Josh's wife:) I am the 25yr. old mother of four kids under 4 yrs old. Next to my Sovereign God and my sweet and adorably Godly hubby, Gabriel Luther (3 3/4yrs.), Aaron Van Til (2 1/2yrs.) , "Emmie" Rebekah Emerald (15 mos), and Owen Isaac (6 weeks old) are the greatest blessings God has given me. And yes, I am still praying for more:) I am Reformed, baptistic, presuppositional, postmillennial, idealistic, quiver-full, a cessationist, a tradutionist, and I'm sure I could go on for a while, but I don't think I would amuse anyone but myself, so I'll spare you all.

Powered by Blogger