A Thinking Woman

In honor of every woman who has located the "on" switch for her brain.

Thursday, July 27, 2006

Where Do The Babies Go?

Ok, a new and related thought to my last post.

Babies die. This is a very sad truth. In my last post, I concluded that death is the result, and just punishment for sin. Death passes through ALL men because ALL sin. If babies die as the result of the sin living within them, do they go to heaven or hell?

FIRST, LET ME BE VERY CLEAR, I believe that God is a just God AND a merciful God. I plead God's mercy for the babies who have passed on without having heard the gospel. However I don't think that Scripture gives a clear answer to the question of where they go.

But my question is this...Would not God be just if he fully punished these sinful souls? God would not be holy or just if He let sin go unpunished. So, I guess the real question we are asking when we ask, "Where to babies go when they die?", is did Christ's blood cover their soul. We know that their sin is punished. SO, the question is, "Did they bear their own punishment, or did Christ?"

Let me again be clear once again. If it is up to a person to believe the gospel in order to be saved, then all babies who die prebirth are eternally lost. Because they did not believe the gospel they can rightly be punished for their sin. But if faith is a divine gift from God, which He gives to whomever he will, then we can have hope, because He has the power to give it even to babies who have yet to be born.

3 Comments:

Blogger Josh's Loving Wife, aka Angela Brisby said...

I would love to see the so-called doctrine of the age of acountability in the Bible somewhere. Wouldn't that make life so much easier?

11:06 AM  
Blogger Best Book Buys said...

Hey Angela,

I don't believe in an "age of accountability", but was wondering if I did, how that would make my life easier?

Thanks,
Russ

7:54 PM  
Blogger Josh's Loving Wife, aka Angela Brisby said...

Hi Russ,

I'm glad you don't believe in the"age of accountability", it's hogwash.

But if it weren't then we could know where all children who died went after this life. We could know this without the real, hard, deep study of God's word.

Only an Arminian would have a need for such a so-called doctrine. If a person must choose God by accepting the gospel, those who can't yet understand the gospel would have to be saved, otherwise we serve a cruel God who punishes those who don't have a "chance" to recieve salvation.

Introduce a doctrine like the "age of acountability" and we can be happy in our safe little arminian presuppositions. We don't have to challenge our worldveiw. We don't have to humbly bow the knee to God's sovereignty and trust that he will always be holy and do only that which will bring him glory.

9:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

A Thinking Woman

In honor of every woman who has located the "on" switch for her brain.

Name:
Location: At My House In, Southern California, United States

I am forever grateful to be Josh's wife:) I am the 25yr. old mother of four kids under 4 yrs old. Next to my Sovereign God and my sweet and adorably Godly hubby, Gabriel Luther (3 3/4yrs.), Aaron Van Til (2 1/2yrs.) , "Emmie" Rebekah Emerald (15 mos), and Owen Isaac (6 weeks old) are the greatest blessings God has given me. And yes, I am still praying for more:) I am Reformed, baptistic, presuppositional, postmillennial, idealistic, quiver-full, a cessationist, a tradutionist, and I'm sure I could go on for a while, but I don't think I would amuse anyone but myself, so I'll spare you all.

Powered by Blogger