A Thinking Woman

In honor of every woman who has located the "on" switch for her brain.

Thursday, October 12, 2006

My Baby

Yesterday I was lying still resting, meditating on the fact that the little movements I was feeling in my stomach were so much more than a glob of human cells dividing to form a potential human. My baby has a steady consistent heartbeat-which can rise or fall in speed based upon the stresses it goes through, all his/her organs are present and continuing to develop, the fingerprints that my baby will have for the rest of it's life are formed by now, my baby now has hair on it's body, my baby can suck it's thumb in my womb.

I know that babies are living real people at the point of conception. There are enough biblical, philosophical and medical arguments to more than prove it. But when I feel the movement of life within me, and the bond I already know exists between myself and my child, I know that my baby is fearfully and wonderfully made by God, I know the miracle living inside me has a soul that is infinitley known by God. I am alreay in love with my baby. I do not love a bunch of human cells, I love a soul. Any woman who cannot love the soul of her child until she sees it in her arms, believing that that's the point of life, really misses out. She misses out on 9 months of loving, getting to know, bonding with, mothering, and marveling at the life that is. I greatly pity this woman.

I thank you LORD, for the soul your loving hand causes to grow within me.

4 Comments:

Blogger Christ in the Chaos said...

Hi ANgela. Did you figure out how to get back to my blog? go to crandalls.net and click on kc's corner

7:48 PM  
Blogger Stuart's Philosophies said...

Got to be blessed! :) People on a journey toward personal development know that gratitude helps alleviate pain. Thank you for this lesson.

7:23 PM  
Blogger Gypsy Girl said...

I cant wait to feel this way about my own baby. One day the Lord will bless me I know. Congragulations on baby number four Ang! Do you know what the gender is yet??? Do you towo have names picked out?

7:59 AM  
Blogger Josh's Loving Wife, aka Angela Brisby said...

Hey Mav, It's funny you should ask, we just found out yesterday that we are having an Owen Isaac. Had he been a girl he would have been Sofia Cristiana. But yes, he's a boy which makes the score 3 boys to 1 girl!

I would not change my stage in life for the world (having a hubby and kids) but where you are is a great place too! I know you already know this, but before hubby and kids, there's so much more you can do as far as ministry goes. When you get married, your husband becomes your ministry, then IF you have time and energy left you might serve the church somehow. Not that husband and kids aren't an important and enjoyable ministry :) I hope the Lord blesses your ministry during this stage of your life. I'm still keeping my eyes open for guys for you ;) Love you!

11:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

A Thinking Woman

In honor of every woman who has located the "on" switch for her brain.

Name:
Location: At My House In, Southern California, United States

I am forever grateful to be Josh's wife:) I am the 25yr. old mother of four kids under 4 yrs old. Next to my Sovereign God and my sweet and adorably Godly hubby, Gabriel Luther (3 3/4yrs.), Aaron Van Til (2 1/2yrs.) , "Emmie" Rebekah Emerald (15 mos), and Owen Isaac (6 weeks old) are the greatest blessings God has given me. And yes, I am still praying for more:) I am Reformed, baptistic, presuppositional, postmillennial, idealistic, quiver-full, a cessationist, a tradutionist, and I'm sure I could go on for a while, but I don't think I would amuse anyone but myself, so I'll spare you all.

Powered by Blogger