A Thinking Woman

In honor of every woman who has located the "on" switch for her brain.

Monday, August 21, 2006

Interesting Statistic On Homosexual Men

I just heard an interesting statistic concerning homosexual men. Of all the men included in the study* almost without exception, every one of the gay men had a domineering mother. The man I heard this statistic from had a very insightful explaination.

He said that God has given boys a natural desire to be the leader, the more dominant one, the one in control. As a small boy watches his parents as he grows up, he will naturally follow his God-given instinct to emulate which ever parent is the leader, thus learning how to be the leader he is meant to be. If dad is taking the godly role of the leading husband, the boy will grow up to be a strong, secure man. But if the dad is a whimp and leaves the mom to do the leading, the boy is going to emulate the mom, therefore leaving him much more vulnerable to become homosexual.

As one who strongly believes in God's sovereignty, I can say that it makes sense to me that a role reversal in marriage would be a means God may use to bring about an end like this. So, those of us who are married, and especially those of us who have been blessed with children, MUST be so careful to fulfill our God-given roles, and not usurp the role of our spouse. The consequences seem to be much more far reaching that perhaps most of us have realized.



*I heard this on the radio, and I came in during the middle of the discussion. So, I do not know who funded or carried out the study.

1 Comments:

Blogger Josh's Loving Wife, aka Angela Brisby said...

Hey BJ,

When asked if I believe homosexuals are born that way, I say, "Yes, in the same way a murderer is born a murderer."

I do believe a sinner may be born with natural predispositions to sin in particular ways. However, just because we tend to want to fulfil particular sins more than others does not give us the right to act on them. In the same way a murderer may be "born with" a stronger propensity for violence, he has no right to act out that desire. He will just have to work harder to overcome his violent tendencies than others who may not have those tendencies.

I have seen plenty homes where the mom wore the proverbial pants in the family, but the sons did not turn out to be gay. Perhaps, these sons did not have a predisposed struggle with this particular sin. However, when you combine a boy with the tendency to sin in this way with a mom who leads the family, the boy naturally wanting to be the leader will emulate the mom.

These are my current thoughts on the matter. I may or may not be mistaken. It's just what makes the most sense to me right now.

Tell Laura I said hi :)

9:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

A Thinking Woman

In honor of every woman who has located the "on" switch for her brain.

Name:
Location: At My House In, Southern California, United States

I am forever grateful to be Josh's wife:) I am the 25yr. old mother of four kids under 4 yrs old. Next to my Sovereign God and my sweet and adorably Godly hubby, Gabriel Luther (3 3/4yrs.), Aaron Van Til (2 1/2yrs.) , "Emmie" Rebekah Emerald (15 mos), and Owen Isaac (6 weeks old) are the greatest blessings God has given me. And yes, I am still praying for more:) I am Reformed, baptistic, presuppositional, postmillennial, idealistic, quiver-full, a cessationist, a tradutionist, and I'm sure I could go on for a while, but I don't think I would amuse anyone but myself, so I'll spare you all.

Powered by Blogger